Friday, March 7, 2008

Man Behind the Mirrors

Senator Barack Obama has run into a few issues with his campaign staff as of late. With the immediate resignation of his senior foreign policy advisor and the remarks from another adviser on NAFTA, he has a bit of a hole he needs to climb out of.

The resignation of his foreign policy advisor, I think was a bit excessive. A public apology would have been enough for me. If Ms. Samantha Power is good for the campaign you would think one would fight to keep her around. I feel that at one point or another we all get caught up in our passion for what we are doing. I feel that calling someone a “Monster” does not warrant the harsh measures that Ms. Power took, what I am surprised about is that Mr. Obama didn’t value her dedication over the past 14 months. I am hopefully that he will reconsider.

The Senior Economic advisor, Austan Goolsbee, on the other hand, I feel should be the one walking, he has compromised the countries relationship with Canada to a certain extent, and Obama has not even gotten into office. We need to ensure that our relationships with our allies and especially our neighboring countries are upheld and nurtured. I am afraid that this campaign and all the “promises” that go a long with it are not all that they appear to be.

Senator Barack Obama is full of nice, polite promises on the outside. I would be somewhat concerned about what his true intentions were once he got into office based on some of the underhanded stuff that appears to be going on. I know that you can’t trust the hearsay 100% but there has to be some truth to it. It makes me a bit uncomfortable that we may not really be seeing the man behind the mirrors.

No comments: